How to follow a score
About this course
Have you ever found yourself in a music lesson where your teacher says “Follow this music in the score”, plays the music and you’re lost after the first few bars?
Perhaps you’re not even sure what a ‘score’ is…
This tutorial is for you! I’ll show you effective techniques for following different types of music and explain what the signs and symbols mean on a score.
Please note: this tutorial does not cover reading notation.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to follow a musical score, or increase their confidence in score-reading.
There are set works to study in both GCSE and A level music and so this course is suitable for both qualifications.
- What is meant by a ‘score’ in music
- Why there are different types of score and what they are called.
- What different signs and terms mean on a score
- How to follow an individual part in the music
- How to follow several different parts
- Techniques for following more complex music
No Payment Required
This course is free. Simply click the Enrol button below to start your course straight away.