How to compose a great melody
About this course
Not sure how to start writing a decent melody? Do you begin composing a tune but find that it lacks shape or direction? Then this course is for you. I’ll show you how to easily create a good melody – and then how to make it great – with techniques I’ve used with pupils in the classroom.
This tutorial focuses on writing a tonal melody (i.e with a clear key).
Who is this course for?
- What makes a great melody
- How to create a good melodic shape
- How to make your melody memorable
- How to use stepwise and triadic movement
- Tips on how to add more interest to your melody
- How to establish the key in your melody
- How to take it to the next level by using chromatic notes and different melodic intervals
Unlimited Access for 12 months
Access this course as many times as you like for the next 12 months for a single price.